Basic Statistics for Research
Jornsten , Email: email@example.com.EDU
Lecture: W2F5, MU 213 CAC.
Office Hours: time Th2-4, location 451 Hill Center
TA: Jane Zhang, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.EDU
TA Office Hours: M1.30-2.30, W1-2pm in 553 Hill center.
- FINAL: Dec 17 4-7pm in 213 MU. Make-up (only if you requested and I approved) on Dec 16 8-11pm in SEC216.
- FINAL: You are allowed 2 pages, front and back, of reference notes for the final.
- I have posted last years final solution under notes.
- I have posted solutions to all three midterms under notes.
| Scatter plot of midterm 1,2 and 3 scores.
| Histogram of midterm 3 scores.
[ About the
course | Links]
About the course:
- Required: De Veaux, Velleman , Stats, Data and Models.
- Homework will be assigned, but will not be graded.
- There will be 3 midterms.
- Make-up Exams
- There will be no make-up exams. If you are unable to attend class on the day of an exam, you need to notify me asap. To arrange for a make-up exam you have to submit an application in writing before or on Sep 15.
- Your letter grade for the course will be based on the overall
score you get on the midterms and the final.
If you want to dispute a grade, submit the exam and a note explaining why your grade should be changed. I will regrade the WHOLE exam. Do not discuss grading with the TAs, they are not authorized to change the grades.
| Midterms || 3 * 25%
| Final || 25%
Notes and Comments
Handouts and Lecture notes
Back to : Rebecka Jornsten