Statistical Methods in Bioinformatics
- First Class this Wednesday. If you want to register for this course, please email.
[ About the
course | Links]
About the course:
- Required: Friedman, Hastie, Tibshirani. The Elements of Statistical Learning
Additional material: course notes, handouts.
- Suggested: M. Waterman, Indtroduction to Computational Biology , P. Bardi, Bioinformatics , J.A. Rice, Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis , Rubin et al, Biological Sequence Analysis
- Homework and Labs
- Assigned in lecture. The R-language will be used for the labs. You will be expected to write lab reports commenting on results, performance of methods studied.
- A take-home exam towards the end of the semester.
- A project consisting of a critical review of a series of papers, or a comparison of methods study on simulated and/or real data. A write-up and class presentation (poster).
- Your letter grade for the course will be based on the overall
score you get from homeworks, exam, project and class participation.
| Homeworks and Labs || 30%
| Exam and Class participation || 30%
| Project || 40%
Back to : Rebecka Jornsten