Applying for Independent Study
The Graduate Program in Statistics and Biostatistics allows students, under certain conditions, to study relevant topics with a specific faculty member outside of the context of a regularly-scheduled course. To arrange for such study, do the following:
- Find a faculty member willing to direct and evaluate this study.
- Send the faculty member an e-mail, containing your name, RUID, and a plan for your proposed study, including the semester in which you propose to carry this work out.
- If the faculty member approves this plan, he or she will forward the original e-mail to the graduate secretary, along with your approval.
- The graduate secretary will e-mail the student a special permission number allowing registration in 960:682.
- The faculty will inform the graduate director of the grade for the independent study, and the graduate director will formally submit the grade.